Wow~that's a great news!! My kids will be so excited. We just came back from Yellowstone NP, kids saw a lot of wild animals and their footprints. They talked about things (and jokes) they learned from Diamond often. I am sure they have a lot to share with Diamond when they meet.
Just want to let you know that I am so glad I included Bean Nature in my homeschool programs. I only hoped to fill in the"field trip" part at first, but kids really benefit from this program a lot, totally out of my expectations. Learning from nature makes them peaceful kids and always curious and caring about nature. They also know many ways to enjoy the nature (that I don't know), and make wonderful connection with people (thanks to friendly assistants Mia and Michelle).
~mom to 2 nature connected kiddos
- I am a mom to a 6 yr old girl and 9 yr old boy. We have participated in BEan in Nature's classes and camps over the last couple years. There were many things that went into our decision to homeschool, and one of them was our children's love for nature. We wanted to foster this love and teach them in a way they really enjoyed. When we found BEan in Nature, we were really thankful for a class that came alongside our families' learning in such an amazing way! Their program is very hands on and interactive. My children stay engaged the whole time, and are always excited for their BEan in Nature classes. The teachers have a spirit of fostering a love for nature, and opening the students' eyes to the beauty of our earth.
~Jennie, mom to 3 nature loving kiddos
- “My kids had an excitement about the class that always made me feel good that they were going. Marisa has a way with kids, no matter if they are shy or outgoing, they become engaged and that's an ability important to me in an instructor.” -Martha, Home schooling mother to Jay and Lilith
- "I love that we are out in nature and don't just hear about it, but get to experience it. We get to see, hear and touch what we are learning about. I want to take her class again." Savannah, age 9
- “Marisa, your class has offered Jarrod such a great opportunity to be around kids who welcome him, accept him and provide a safe place for him, experiencing nature together. I am very grateful for that!” -Kuhoo E., Mother to Jarrod
- "My 2 children are in BEan IN Nature, Native Naturalists yearlong program with Marisa Bean. I have had the opportunity to assist in the yearlong program and I have seen how kind, caring and nurturing with all the kids Marisa is. Wilderness safety and nature awareness are key learning components in all her classes. My children have grown in their nature awareness skills and they have also been gently challenged in a very supportive environment, while cultivating their connection with nature and challenging themselves with new experiences." Kim, mom to K and K
- We will be there again this year! Just want to give you a heads up on a really fun camp! My girls did this with Marisa last year and LOVED it! If your girls love the outdoors and likes learning primitive skills, then this camp is for them. Marisa is a fantastic teacher, she knows when to offer a lot of guidance and when to let a child explore on their own."
~Heather (mom to Sarah 13, Michelle 11)
Testimonial from a Teen Mentoring Assistant:
Working with BEan in Nature has been one of the highlights of my homeschool learning experience. The opportunities Marisa provided for me to learn, grow and connect in nature are unparalleled. Every day with BEan was an adventure.
"Thank you SO much for all the love and care and good info you have poured into Lucia and Ché the past 2 years!"
~ C. Cisneros
"It gives me such joy to know that so many children in our region are being exposed to the wonders of nature as well as developing social responsibility through Service Learning projects taught by you. I only wish Liliana could attend more of your classes in the future. Liliana will be leaving CA with an appreciation and love for nature, due in large part, to the experiences she had with you. She went from being a girl who didn't like to get her hands dirty, to a girl who now picks up bugs, digs in the dirt and loves hiking in the woods! Thanks for helping to cure her of Nature Deficit Disorder! :). We will miss you very much and hope you will keep up your amazing work of positively impacting children through nature immersion." Fondly, Cathleen, Greg & Liliana Dyck
"An intuitive leader and masterful nature educator, Marisa provides a safe and nurturing environment for all in which to explore and grow. At year's end, my daughter begged to return next year." ~Hilary
"I love everything about my nature class. I love my teacher Marisa, the kids, finding animals, learning about plants, I love everything! I want to take this class forever!"~Zofia, age 8
"Diamond is awesome!" says my son.
"Diamond was my pre-teen's nature instructor for two years at Riekes Nature Awareness Program. He is extraordinary in many ways. He listens to each child, discovering his/her individual interests and has a gentle way of drawing out a child's curiosity and appreciation of nature. He shares his stories, knows great nature-related games, and teaches primitive skills, that they come home thrilled to know. We feel very fortunate to have had his mentorship." Kelly M.
Anole is creative and kind. She is very calm and peaceful. She is really good at drawing and art and at explaining and teaching how to do things. Anole is very good at what she does…she really knows inside and out how to do things. She taught me how to make and use my bow-drill kit. She is helping me to become a fire tender. She is helpful and very funny. She is a good listener ... when she taught me how to use my bow-drill kit she would always listen to my questions. She is always open for ideas and suggestions for learning new things. She is very caring to everybody in the group. I always look forward to seeing her. ~ Iliana, 9 years old
"Marisa is such a fantastic addition to my child's life that we schedule her nature classes first and everything else around them. Not only is Marisa fantastic with kids in general, but her care and detail with my daughter's food allergies has made her a trusted member of my inner circle. In addition to being a fabulous mentor, Marisa is a skilled nature teacher with boundless enthusiasm and energy. I love having her as a role model for my daughter! Do I recommend her classes? A thousand times YES." - Homeschool Mom, San Jose, CA
"Anole is creative and kind. She is very calm and peaceful... Anole is very good at what she does…she really knows inside and out how to do things. She taught me how to make and use my bow-drill kit. She is helping me to become a fire tender. She is helpful and very funny. She is a good listener ... when she taught me how to use my bow-drill kit she would always listen to my questions. She is always open for ideas and suggestions for learning new things. She is very caring to everybody in the group. I always look forward to seeing her."
~ Iliana, 9 years old