BEan Natural Studies Learning Pod
Regenerative Earth Eco Science & Stewardship AM
Nature Immersion PM
NEW 5 WEEK OFFERING!
9:30 am - 3:00 pm
choice of ½ day am or pm
(LOS GATOS, Private Land base NEAR LEXINGTON RESERVOIR)
NEW 5 WEEK OFFERING
- $575 for the 5 full day class sessions OR $375 for 5 - ½ days
- Thursdays FULL 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
- Thursdays ½ Day Choices: ½ day 930-1230PM or ½ 12:00-3PM
- Calendar dates: March 4,11,18,25 and April 1 *
- * April 1st additional time, 3-6 pm; Final Project Sharing Eve w/Parents with a Small Group Campfire
- Payments can be arranged in the registration system
- OG families are honored with PO for Online - Opt In Person payment - contact email@example.com for more details; see and read more here
Participate in Project-based and environmental-related lessons that are engaging and fun; all the while weaving in epic primitive living skills and natural history education!
We will offer a vast education outdoors, immersing students in a learning environment, in ways that traditional models can’t.
- With a whole- child-led focus, students become invested in their education and foster a lifelong relationship with the land, their mentors and classmates, and the community.
- Here students are supported to push their own boundaries through safe mentor led supported risks, thereby teaching them independence, confidence, resilience, and perseverance.
By offering more in an outdoor environment, allows children
- to develop a strong sense of self
- a natural love of science, creativity, writing, natural history and more
- to naturally accessing their whole imaginations
- incorporating their whole focus
- energize and launch away from behind the screen learning time
- connection to 'dirt time fun' with exercise and movement
Please trust, we will continue to follow the SC Guidance safe stable learning cohorts, children in the same learning pod can be in the same group whenever possible, symptom screening before camp questionnaire, clear and concise hygiene protocol and plenty of room and outdoor safe space to have for each child. Masks will be a choice for children as we will keep in a safe learning pod through the sessions.
BEan Natural Studies Learning
New Spring BEan on Wolfe Mountain offerings
Regenerative Earth Eco Science Investigations and Nature Immersion Combo
BEan Natural Studies Learning Pods(NSLP) will support families during this pandemic to have a healthy, happy, successful learning experience this year. BEan will support families to continue to have their children stay connected to their love of learning, in a variety of connective natural studies.
Masks will be optional for children on Wolfe Mountain, while using our safe with physical distance as our primary safety tool, supporting each other in the wide open spaces at Wolfe to be our guide to create a healthy, safe learning environment.
Earth Regenerative Science Investigations
9:30-12:30; Marisa Bean lead teacher
(all day learner priority to allow for safe pod)
Here is our general list of our exciting plans as we follow the seasons out on the land:
Thursday PM; 12:00-3:00 pm;
Taught Josh Bean and Jeremy Bean
Wild skills useful for the explorer
BEan teachers will use their unique teaching talents to guide students when special opportunities arise in our outdoor environment, to allow the learner to develop a strong sense of self and a natural love of science, creativity, writing, poetry, natural history and wild skills. When allowed to, children naturally access their whole imagination, fully focused, while growing into committed stewards of the earth.
BEan In Nature teachers facilitate kids to love, care, and connect to nature not by using a ‘teach at the child’ didactic model, but instead we use the skillful art of questioning, creative guiding, and mentoring, experiential child-led focus and facilitate learning by doing, where we share our contagious enthusiasm, our imagination, and our own love of nature.
We believe that connecting to nature, with the guidance of a creative nature mentor, who skillfully facilitates learning, while out in nature’s classroom, allows the learner to develop a strong sense of self and a natural love of science.
Please know, communication is key, we are happy to have discussions to support the viability of class before closure, if min not met.
For more information on How we teach click here
BEan In Nature: Nature Classes & Outdoor Things To Do In The Bay Area!